Remote access for x6xx, x7xx?

Scott_Purcell at Dell.com Scott_Purcell at Dell.com
Wed Feb 28 14:04:40 CST 2007

These servers all used the ERA (Embedded Remote Access) for remote
management.  It is essentially the same functionality as that provided
by the DRAC III but integrated on the system board or on a daughter card
in order not to occupy a PCI slot.  On the 2650, it was a standard
feature present on all servers.  On the 1650 and the 1750 it was
optional and enabled with a daughter card.  Your servers may or may not
have this functionality, depending on how they were ordered.

The documentation here
(http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/software/smdrac3/RAC/index.htm)
should cover all three of these systems.

Scott Purcell, RHCE, Linux+, DCNP, DCSP, DCSNP, CTT+
Curriculum Developer / Trainer -- Dell Enterprise Training Services
(512) 723-7427
Dell Services http://www.dell.com/services
How am I doing? Email my manager, Kathy_Grisham at Dell.com, with any
feedback.