PE2650 Perc 3/Di drive insertion degrades array

Kuba Ober kuba at mareimbrium.org
Wed Feb 28 12:15:52 CST 2007

On Wednesday 28 February 2007, Kuba Ober wrote:
> In fact, the on-line documentation for "removed" status is kinda
> non-descriptive. What does a "removed" status mean for a drive? The help
> mentions that this status only applies to disks that are part of a virtual
> disk. Then I remove and reinsert said disk, and it still lists as "removed"
> (after a rescan), no matter where I insert it. Is the disk dead?

One more thing:
aacraid:ID(0:01:0); Selection Timeout [command:0x28]
aacraid:ID(0:01:0) - IO failed, Cmd[0x28]
aacraid:ID(0:01:0) - Drive spindown failed
aacraid:Drive 0:1:0 returning error

So, the drive appears to be "dead".

But then, it was "killed" (while in slot 1) by inserting a brand spanking new
Dell drive (fresh out of the wrapper) into slot 4.

I will try power cycling after the day ends, but this is just weird.

Kuba