Possible Spam: PCIe Training Error

BSmith at lyrix.com BSmith at lyrix.com
Tue Feb 27 08:01:46 CST 2007

Did you just add or remove a PCIe board from the system?

If you just added a board, then make sure the board is fully seated in the
PCIe slot.   Often times the card will only be partially seated, resulting
in half the connector actually making contact with the board edge
connector and the other half not making contact, which can really hose
things.

If you just removed a board from the system, or you are positive that the
board you just added is fully seated in the PCIe slot and the error
persists, then try the following:
Go into the BIOS.
Hit Caps Lock,  Num Lock, and Scroll Lock keys so all 3 LED lights are lit
on the keyboard.
Hit CTRL-E and you should hear a beep.
ESC out of the BIOS and reboot.

This usually fixes PCI errors that can crop up when boards are added or
removed from a system.

On the other hand, if you have not added or removed any boards from the
system, then you may have another hardware issue that would require Dell
Support as per your normal Dell Service Contract.

- Brian

"Matibiri Bright" <bmatibiri at zabg.co.zw>
Sent by: linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com
02/26/2007 06:03 AM