Kickstart file on USB floppy with Model SC1435

McDougall, Marshall (FSH) Marshall.McDougall at gov.mb.ca
Mon Feb 26 08:37:05 CST 2007

Amos.

I am successfully using:

 linux install ks=hd:sdb1/ksfile.cfg

 at the command line to kickstart my 2950's.  I do not put a second ":"
after sdb1. I don't know what the 1435 will see the usb as.

When I first started using kickstart, I knew that the kickstart failed
when it presented me with the screen that asks if I want to test the
media or skip.  At that point, I hit ctrl-alt-F3.  That screen told me
what the server saw the usb as. From there I was able to point at the
right device.  HTH.

Regards, Marshall