DELL Market Share Spiralling Downwards

Hostmaster Hostmaster at computerservicecentre.com
Mon Feb 26 07:24:12 CST 2007

Paul,

Many end users such as you are having issues with driver compatibility in Vista.
One of the biggest gripes is with NVIDIA driver support - users with 8800 cards
have only just got support, and SLI for earlier models (6 and 7 series) is not
yet supported. In this respect, Dell are not shipping Vista on dual 8800
machines, it is not even an option. Please bear in mind that Dell may also be at
the mercy of the OEM - to the best of my knowledge, Dell do not actually
manufacture their printers, a third-party OEM manufactures them for them, and
therefore there is a requirement for Dell to liaise with the OEM to ensure that
developed drivers are compatible with both the operating system and the
hardware.

I am not a Dell employee, nor am I affiliated with Dell in any way - I am merely
an IT professional who uses and maintains their products. Although I appreciate
your frustration at Dell, please do not take it out on the subscribers to the
Linux PowerEdge users group. This is a community forum for Linux users to share
ideas and ask advice from other Dell Linux users, and flaming about Vista
drivers has no place on these threads.

Best Regards,

Richard Garner (A+, AMBCS)
Hostmaster