Fw: Kickstart file on USB floppy with Model SC1435

amos.wai at asia.bnpparibas.com amos.wai at asia.bnpparibas.com
Mon Feb 26 00:08:05 CST 2007

Hi,

I have tried with ks=hd:sdb1:/ks.cfg.  But the kickstart file not able to
be read and it goes to the GUI installation prompt afterward.  Any
suggestion I can work on?

The USB floppy is an IBM one, Dell BIOS can detect the IBM drive is TEAC
body.

Thanks,
Amos

           Internet
           ian at physics.uq.edu.au
                                                 linux-poweredge
           Sent by:                                                                                          cc
           linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.c
           om                                                                                           Subject
                                                 Re: Kickstart file on USB floppy with Model SC1435
           26/02/2007 11:48 AM

http://lists.us.dell.com/pipermail/linux-poweredge/2007-January/029458.html

> Should this also solve my problem come acrossed?  (with syntax: linux
> ks=hd:sdb1/ks_file.cfg)?

You need an extra colon:

  ks=hd:sdb1:/ks.cfg
            ^

Whether it's sda, sdb, sdc or whatever depends on how many scsi or sata
disks are installed.  If you have no scsi or sata disks it will be sda,
with one it will be sdb, with two sdc and so on.

--
Ian