Kickstart file on USB floppy with Model SC1435

amos.wai at asia.bnpparibas.com amos.wai at asia.bnpparibas.com
Sun Feb 25 21:36:33 CST 2007

Thanks.  But I'm using USB floppy / thumb drive to store the kickstart file
but not able to make it read by the installation.

Later on I found this message thread from this helpful forum:
http://lists.us.dell.com/pipermail/linux-poweredge/2007-January/029458.html

Should this also solve my problem come acrossed?  (with syntax: linux
ks=hd:sdb1/ks_file.cfg)?

Regards,
Amos

           Internet
           ian at physics.uq.edu.au
                                                 linux-poweredge
           Sent by:                                                                                                    cc
           linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.c
           om                                                                                                     Subject
                                                 Re: Kickstart file on USB floppy with Model SC1435
           26/02/2007 11:28 AM

On Mon, 2007-02-26 at 10:29 +0800, amos.wai at asia.bnpparibas.com wrote:

> I have a problem to do kickstart on Dell model SC1435 through putting
> kickstart file into USB floppy or thumb drive.
>
> The following syntax during kickstart tried:
> I tried below comand but failed:
> linux ks=floppy

That's correct and works with a standard floppy drive.  Not sure
about a USB floppy.

> linux ks=hd:sda/ks.cfg
> linux ks=hd:sdb/ks.cfg
> linux ks=hd:sdb1/ks_file.cfg