"Server Assistant" and "Systems Management" CDs?

Scott_Purcell at Dell.com Scott_Purcell at Dell.com
Fri Feb 23 16:35:36 CST 2007

I see what you mean -- the link appear to have been moved/removed...

You can obtain any of the ISOs from  ftp://ftp.dell.com/sysman although
you lose the advantage of having them classified by appropriateness for
a particular system that way.

In the file listing there:
* "DSA" in the name of an .ISO file indicates an older "Dell Server
Assistant" CD
* "ISM" in the name of an .ISO file means "Installation and Server
Management"
* "SDU" means "System Diagnostics and Utilities"

As mentioned before, the latest versions of the ISM won't support some
of our earlier servers so you may have to drop back to the 4.5 ISM for
some (or even earlier for really old servers).

Hope that helps.

Scott Purcell, RHCE, Linux+, DCNP, DCSP, DCSNP, CTT+
Curriculum Developer / Trainer -- Dell Enterprise Training Services
(512) 723-7427
Dell Services http://www.dell.com/services
How am I doing? Email my manager, Kathy_Grisham at Dell.com, with any
feedback.