No mib info on Debian Sarge with snmpd + omsa

Cesar Avalos avaloscesar at
Fri Feb 23 07:08:51 CST 2007

Guys help me out please,

I'm very newbie with OMSA and don't know the possible work around with it.
Did anyone had success to get a OMSA report with snmpd  and dell's mib
10892 on a debian sarge?
That is what i did, followed the instructions on
so i burned a sarge-custom-1115.iso then installed  in my system with
that kernel(kernel 2.6.19rc3).
The system is a Dell PowerEdge 1850 and use the package
dellomsa_5.1.0-4_i386.deb from
and other like snmpd openipmi libglib2.0-0 snmp libopenipmi.
All the instalation was smoothly with no errors. And i put the
following line  to /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf
to allow OMSA to connect to snmpd using SMUX.

# echo "smuxpeer ." >> /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf
# echo "SNMP_ENABLED=yes" > /etc/default/dellomsa
# invoke-rc.d  snmpd restart

# /etc/init.d/dataeng restart
Stopping Systems Management Data Engine:
Stopping dsm_sa_eventmgr32d:
Stopping dsm_sa_datamgr32d:
Starting Systems Management Data Engine:
Starting dsm_sa_datamgr32d:
Starting dsm_sa_eventmgr32d:

# /etc/init.d/dsm_sa_ipmi status-all
ipmi_msghandler module loaded.
ipmi_si module loaded.
ipmi_devintf module loaded.
/dev/ipmi0 exists.

# omreport chassis

Main System Chassis

Ok       : Fans
Ok       : Intrusion
Ok       : Memory
Ok       : Power Supplies
Ok       : Processors
Ok       : Temperatures
Ok       : Voltages
Ok       : Hardware Log

For further help, type the command followed by -?

~# omreport system

Ok       : Main System Chassis

For further help, type the command followed by -?

~# omreport about
sh: line 1: rpm: command not found

Product name : Information Not Available.
Version      : 3.1.0
Copyright    : Copyright (C) Dell Inc. 1995-2006. All rights reserved.
Company      : Dell Inc.

~# omreport storage
For further help, type the command followed by -?

# snmpwalk -v 1 -OS -c public localhost .
  End of MIB

But after all those setup... when i try to use the snmpwalk to get
information on the 10892.mib. No success, and no Storage info too. I
got no clue where is my mistake, and i apologize for my poor english