poweredge 1850 setup tips

Gary Sewell gas at gasdigital.co.uk
Fri Feb 23 03:25:48 CST 2007

Thanks Tom,

We’re going to go with 64 bit Debian, we currently have 8gb in a 32 bit
Debian installation but the hassle in setting it up was a nightmare due to
the need for additions to the original kernel.

I’ve purchased 2 x PERC4e/DC (I’ve been told the motherboards are
PCI-Express hence the “4e” and I could only find 4e available in Dual
channel hence the “DC”) raid cards to go into the MYSQL servers to run RAID0
for speed. Redundancy should be ok with hot swaps and replication to the
slave. The other 3 we will just run off the built in scsi controllers as
they will only be running apache.

Thanks for the tips.

Gary.

   _____