How to send a alert mail when a drive fails

Alan McNatty alan.mcnatty at NewsNow.co.uk
Thu Feb 22 09:44:02 CST 2007

Hi Sheng,

If you don't want to use SNMP one thing you could consider doing is
parsing the output of:

/opt/dell/srvadmin/oma/bin/omreport storage pdisk controller=0

On a regular basis. The Status: Ok line might be a good start.

HTH

Cheers,
Alan

p.s omreport chassis -? and omreport storage -? are useful to see a list
of what's available.