no mib info on Debian Sarge with snmpd and omsa

Cesar Avalos avaloscesar at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 07:22:01 CST 2007

Guys help me out please,

I'm very newbie with OMSA and don't know the possible work around with it.
Did anyone had success to get a OMSA report with snmpd  and dell's mib 10892
on a debian sarge?
That is what i did, followed the instructions on
http://linux.dell.com/debian_9g.shtml
so i burned a sarge-custom-1115.iso then installed  in my system with that
kernel(kernel 2.6.19rc3).
The system is a Dell PowerEdge 1850 and use the package
dellomsa_5.1.0-4_i386.deb from
ftp://ftp.sara.nl/pub/sara-omsa/dists/dell/sara/binary-i386/
and other like snmpd openipmi libglib2.0-0 snmp libopenipmi.
All the instalation was smoothly with no errors. And i put the following
line  to /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf
to allow OMSA to connect to snmpd using SMUX.

# echo "smuxpeer .1.3.6.1.4.1.674.10892.1" >> /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf
# echo "SNMP_ENABLED=yes" > /etc/default/dellomsa
# invoke-rc.d snmpd restart

# /etc/init.d/dataeng restart
Stopping Systems Management Data Engine:
Stopping dsm_sa_eventmgr32d:
Stopping dsm_sa_datamgr32d:
Starting Systems Management Data Engine:
Starting dsm_sa_datamgr32d:
Starting dsm_sa_eventmgr32d:

# /etc/init.d/dsm_sa_ipmi status-all
ipmi_msghandler module loaded.
ipmi_si module loaded.
ipmi_devintf module loaded.
/dev/ipmi0 exists.

# snmpwalk -v 1 -OS -c public localhost .1.3.6.1.4.1.674.10892.1
  End of MIB

But after all those setup... when i try to use the snmpwalk to get
information on the 10892.mib. No success
I got no clue where is my mistake, and i apologize for my poor english