S.M.A.R.T status of drives behind a PERC4 HBA?

vincent at cojot.name vincent at cojot.name
Thu Feb 22 07:00:28 CST 2007

Hello everyone,

Please forgive the simplistic query but is there a way to query the
S.M.A.R.T status of the drives behind the Logical drives of a PERC 4e/DC?
I'd like to know things like temperature, total poweron hours, etc..
I'm using RHEL4U4 with Dellmgr-5.31-0.i386.rpm. Short of this, I guess
I'll have to connect these drives to another (non-RAID) HBA to know these
(at least once).

Also, where does the PERC4 store its RAID membership info? I suspect it is
on some area of the disk but I am unsure because some other genuine LSI
MegaRaid (non-DELL) don't seem to do so..

Thanks for reading,

Vincent