2950 RAID controllers lack SCSI-passthrough setting

Tino Schwarze linux-poweredge.lists at tisc.de
Tue Feb 20 00:33:35 CST 2007

On Mon, Feb 19, 2007 at 04:11:46PM -0600, Patrick_Boyd at dell.com wrote:
> You can order a SAS 5/i which is a Non-RAID SAS controller.

But then you are limited to 4 disks which we had to find out the hard
way. Our sales rep(s) told us that you need the PERC to install 6 3,5"
disks.

Is this correct? I can go through the SAS/5i BIOS and see a 5th and 6th
PHY marked as disabled... We're doing SW-RAID1 on the machine and we
especially didn't want a RAID controller.

Tino.

--
www.quantenfeuerwerk.de
www.spiritualdesign-chemnitz.de

Tino Schwarze * Parkstraße 17h * 09120 Chemnitz