Can't move drives from an HP DL145 to PE SC1435, why?

David Hubbard dhubbard at dino.hostasaurus.com
Mon Feb 19 17:12:54 CST 2007


Hmm, maybe I dumbed that up and compared the wrong machines
before I did the swap, I'll check it when I'm back at work tomorrow. :-)

Thanks,

David 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com 
> [mailto:linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com] On Behalf Of 
> Thomas_Chenault at dell.com
> Sent: Monday, February 19, 2007 6:11 PM
> To: linux-poweredge at lists.us.dell.com
> Subject: RE: Can't move drives from an HP DL145 to PE SC1435, why?
> 
> Off the top of my head, I would say that the SC1435 requires the
> sata_svw driver, not sata_nv.
> 
> 
> Thomas
> 
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com
> [mailto:linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com] On Behalf Of David Hubbard
> Sent: Sunday, February 18, 2007 4:26 PM
> To: linux-poweredge-Lists
> Subject: Can't move drives from an HP DL145 to PE SC1435, why?
> 
> I've got a customer who needs more power, so I tried to
> move the two software mirrored (RHEL 4) drives from the
> HP DL145 G2 single 2.0 GHz opteron server that the
> customer currently has to a PE SC1435 with two 2.8 GHz
> opterons.  It fails to boot at the point where linux is
> trying to mount the root, typical generic vmlinuz mount
> failure.  Both servers use scsi_hostadapter sata_nv
> in the modules.conf so I figured I would not have an issue
> just moving the drives.  I didn't leave the customer down
> long enough to write down the specific errors, I'm going
> to do the migration manually instead but figured I'd see
> if anyone would have an idea off the top of their head.
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> David
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Linux-PowerEdge mailing list
> Linux-PowerEdge at dell.com
> http://lists.us.dell.com/mailman/listinfo/linux-poweredge
> Please read the FAQ at http://lists.us.dell.com/faq
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Linux-PowerEdge mailing list
> Linux-PowerEdge at dell.com
> http://lists.us.dell.com/mailman/listinfo/linux-poweredge
> Please read the FAQ at http://lists.us.dell.com/faq
> 
> 



More information about the Linux-PowerEdge mailing list