SNMP with Dell OM tools

Jeff Howell JHowell at medianewsgroup.com
Mon Feb 19 16:21:39 CST 2007

Well I finally stumbled across a solution to this and thought I'd share.

Turns out all the systems giving the authentication errors had the
OpenManage tools and snmpd.conf file set up by a windows guy here
running winscp. So the files were all in the DOS version of ASCII with
CRLF terminators. After I noticed this and converted them to UNIX ASCII
everything is working fine.

Hope this helps soneone else in the future.
Jeff