DRAC4 - CSR

Seshadri_N at Dell.com Seshadri_N at Dell.com
Sun Feb 18 20:19:45 CST 2007

Richard,

DRAC4 supports only Base 64 certificates and doesn't support DER.

Refer to this link for more differences between DER and Base64:
http://www.educause.edu/ir/library/pdf/PKI0505.pdf

There are multiple ways how you can create your certificate:
1. from DRAC GUI
2. from DRAC GUI using CSR and then submitting it to CA
3. keytool application:
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/tooldocs/win32/keytool.html

>From your mail, I guess you might have used CSR, in that case download
only Base 64 cert from CA.