Perc 5 and Perc 4 in same pe1950 server

Brent_Clements at Dell.com Brent_Clements at Dell.com
Sat Feb 17 13:37:06 CST 2007

Hope someone can help with this problem.

I'm curious if anyone else has encountered this before with these particular controllers in the same machine.

I have a Perc 4 and  Perc 5 in the same PE1950 machine running RHEL 4 U3

The Perc 5 when initializing says that it is in BUS 2 ID XXXX
The Perc 4 when initializing says that it is in BUS 13 ID XXXX

When I boot into RHEL 4 U3, the kernel reports a scsi0 (2,0,0) : reservation conflict

When I look at /proc/scsi/scsi, something strange shows up.

Both the PERC 5 and PERC 4 are showing as on the SAME bus (2,0,0)

Anybody have a clue?