PE6850 recommendations

David Hubbard dhubbard at dino.hostasaurus.com
Fri Feb 16 19:18:36 CST 2007

Why build with that?  Get the 6950, it kicks the 6850's ass while
consuming less power and will run off 110v instead of requiring
you to run 208v circuits (if you don't already have 208v in your
racks).  You also get faster bus, better I/O, etc.  Drive bays
and raid controller expandability are the same, raid controller
itself offers better performance.  We've got one 6850 with quad
3.66 GHz MP's and have had a few 6950's with quad dual-core 2.8
GHz Opteron's and the difference is huge.

David