Two network interfaces

Robert Gravsjö robert.gravsjo at tietoenator.com
Fri Feb 16 01:43:40 CST 2007

Mukarram Syed skrev:
> Richard,
>
> There is a documentation in Dell Linux white papers regarding this called
> Link Enumeration
> http://linux.dell.com/files/whitepapers/nic-enum-whitepaper-v3.pdf
>
> I have been battling with this for weeks and I don't understand how this is
> caused.
> If you have NIC Teaming or bonding enabled, you have a bigger problem in
> hand because the HWADDR can't be added in the bond0 file (atleast I have not
> seen it being done that way)
> The name_eths fix by Dell does not work with bond'ed interfaces...atleast
> for now.

Is there a good reason why bonding doesnt work with this issue? We might
want to use bonding in a future project and I had assumed that this
would work since we could work around the enumeration issue on boot.
Forgive me if this is a stupid question. :)

Regards,
Roppert

RobertG

Phone: +46 (0)480 44 58 35