Two network interfaces

Mukarram Syed muksyed at stanford.edu
Thu Feb 15 22:35:34 CST 2007

Richard,

There is a documentation in Dell Linux white papers regarding this called
Link Enumeration
http://linux.dell.com/files/whitepapers/nic-enum-whitepaper-v3.pdf

I have been battling with this for weeks and I don't understand how this is
caused.
If you have NIC Teaming or bonding enabled, you have a bigger problem in
hand because the HWADDR can't be added in the bond0 file (atleast I have not
seen it being done that way)
The name_eths fix by Dell does not work with bond'ed interfaces...atleast
for now.
Dell support can't do much about it.

If there are any updates on this, please let us know.

-Mukarram