Two network interfaces

Sjouk Janssen sjouk.janssen at philips.com
Thu Feb 15 09:27:42 CST 2007

Dear,

I have two network interfaces in a DELL 2950.
Both are configured and are working, but if I take out the network cable
of eth0 interface the whole machine is blocked.
Means you can not ping to the machine at all not on eth0 and not on eth1.
Is this a known issue.

Sjouk Janssen
Senior System Manager, Development Process Support,
Philips Consumer Electronics,
Building SFH1.045 - Glaslaan 2 - Eindhoven
P.O. Box 80002, 5600 JB Eindhoven
The Netherlands
Tel: +31 40 27 37323, Fax: +31 40 27 33416
E-mail: sjouk.janssen at philips.com

The information contained in this message is confidential and may be
legally privileged. The message is intended solely for the addressee(s).
use, dissemination, or reproduction is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender
by return e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.