PowerApp 120 / RAID problem

Tino Schwarze linux-poweredge.lists at tisc.de
Thu Feb 15 08:26:15 CST 2007

Hi there,

we've got a PowerApp 120 here with a PERC 3/DC (FW Ver 161J, BIOS 3.17)
and 3 internal 36GB disks in RAID5. One of the disks failed some time
ago.

We ordered a replacement - chose a 72GB disk because of availablity and
price, plugged it in and the controller started rebuilding. The next
day, the new disk was marked "failed" again. I cannot find any error in
megamgr. So I triggered rebuidling again and watched the progress bar.
It got stuck at 50% with ERROR in it, nothing more specific.

Is this coincidence? Shall we order 36 GB disks for replacement? Any
hints?

Thanks,

Tino.

--
www.quantenfeuerwerk.de
www.spiritualdesign-chemnitz.de

Tino Schwarze * Parkstraße 17h * 09120 Chemnitz