Weird PCI/PCIe enumeration on PowerEdge 860s

Chris Howells chris at transitive.com
Tue Feb 13 05:20:18 CST 2007

Dhawal Doshy wrote:

> See
> http://lists.us.dell.com/pipermail/linux-poweredge/2006-August/026679.html
>
> BTW, version 0.4 is out as well.. though i doubt support for anything
> other than redhat/suse.

I don't think this is actually a solution to the problem. The problem is
that tg3 seems to be completely clobbering e1000 -- there should be no
reason for tg3 to try and steal eth1 when it's already been assigned to
another device. I am just wondering if this is a Dell-specific BIOS or
ACPI issue.

I can use /etc/mactab to deal with the ``ethernet naming'' problem.

--
Chris Howells <chris at transitive.com>
System Administrator - Transitive Ltd.