Kernel sources for debian on dell

sean finney sean at stickybit.se
Mon Feb 12 17:04:38 CST 2007

On Mon, 2007-02-12 at 17:39 -0500, Rob Munsch wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I'm running a couple of pe 1950s and they're Behaving Weirdly.  I've got
> them on kernel 2.6.19r1 via the "debian on dell" custom sarge 1028 iso,
> but it has no kernel sources.  Frex, the machines see less than a gig of
> RAM, and i have a sinking feeling that this kernel was compiled without
> it...
>
> What is the best way to get the kernel sources so i may tweak it myself?

i'm not too sure about this particular iso or kernel, but if the kernel
in question is packaged "the debian way" there should be a
file /boot/config-`uname -r` which contains the kernel configuration
options, which you can then use to build your own kernels (make-kpkg is
a helpful utility for this if you have never heard of it)

	sean