Megaraid PERC 4/E is detected first, why ?

Peter Kjellstrom cap at nsc.liu.se
Mon Feb 12 13:42:33 CST 2007

On Monday 12 February 2007 16:13, Patrick_Boyd at dell.com wrote:
> Actually you should have a megaraid_sas driver for the PERC 5,
> megaraid_mbox is just for the older PERC cards.

hehe, this seems to be a bit confused. I think the op had _both_ perc4 and 5
in one system. Either way, the order of the scsi devs are usually determined
by when the module is loaded which is determined by how the initrd is created
which is determined by modprobe.conf:

alias scsi_hostadapter megaraid_mbox
alias scsi_hostadapter1 megaraid_sas

should (when regenerated with suitable mkinitrd command) give you perc4 before
perc5 (if you want the reverse just flip the lines and number (not sure which
one actually counts)).

/Peter