Megaraid PERC 4/E is detected first, why ?

Richard Ford rford at candis.com.cn
Mon Feb 12 04:10:55 CST 2007

Hmm,

I have never used a PERC5 and 4 in the same system.

Is this a new system install or trying to use the old data?

On one server I have with 2 x PERC4 (PERC4 DC and PERC 4eDC) the
external array came in as SDB and the internal as SDA.

When I first did this though, it was reversed - but LVM picked it up
and the system booted fine from SDB.

In my case the one bios util will control both cards - maybe this is
not possible with a PERC4 and PERC5 paired together?

Are both cards in slots or is one a ROMB?  The other option is to
swap the physical slots around so that one is read before the other
by the BIOS....