PE6850 recommendations

Bahadir Kiziltan bahadir.kiziltan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 02:59:57 CST 2007

we have an pe6850 with quad-CPU running Oracle 10G/Oracle Apps. on
RHEL4 U3. it is also connected to CX500 array. my recommedation is to
create an RAID-1 LUN for operating system by using 2x73GB disks, an
RAID-5 or RAID-10 LUN for oracle data files and an RAID-1 LUN for
oracle archive log files. that's the minimal but quite effective
layout especially in case of recovering system due to crash.

It works fine, no complaints in terms of performance.