PE6850 recommendations

Mad Unix madunix at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 00:55:25 CST 2007

I want to build a Server using PoewrEdge 6850 running raid 5 or raid 10
(didn't decide till now about raid config)!
the server will be a web server with DB running RHEL4 and Oracle,
please can you tell me if my proposed technical spec would be okay and run
smoothly with Redhat, such as
Hard Drive Configuration,Hard Drive Back plane,Primary Controller,Primary
Hard Drive, RAID10, RAID5, No. of the hardisks and volume..etc

DELL PowerEdge 6850 Technical Specification
Processors New Dual-Core Intel(r)  Xeon(r) MP processors, Dual Intel Xeon
processor upgradeable to Quad on motherboard;
with the following options of processor speeds·
Dual Core Intel(r) Xeon(r) Processor 7140M, 3.4GHz, 16MB L3 Cache,
Front Side Bus 800MHz front side bus
Chipset Intel (r) 8501
Memory   16GB DDR2 SDRAM expandable up to 64GB
Hard Drives 5 X 73GB (15,000 rpm) Serial Attached SCSI SAS Hot pluggable
hard drives
Drive Controller Dual channel integrated SCSI controller.
RAID Controllers Embedded Dual Channel RAID Controller: SAS 3.0 Gb/s with
256MB battery-backed cache supports all RAID Levels
Graphics Integrated ATI-Radeon 7000 with 16MB of SDRAM
Optical Devices: DVD/CD RW combo Drive.
Drive Bays Internal hard drive bay to support up to five 1" SAS SCSI hard
drives
Expansion Slots & I/O Slots 7 total I/O slots on 3 PCI buses4 hot-plug
PCI-Express slots (one x8, three x4)1 hot-plug PCI-X slot (64-bit/133MHz), 2
non hot-plug
Ports Rear: (2) USB 2.0, (1) 9-pin serial, (1) video, (1) ID push button
with blue/amber LED Front: (2) USB 2.0, (1) ID push button with blue/amber
LED, (1) 15-pin video, system power on/off button
Communications Embedded Dual Gigabit Ethernet controller (10/100/1000)
Compatibility  Red Hat(r) Enterprise Linux(r) 3 and 4; SUSE(r) Linux Enterprise
Server 9 EM64T SP
Power and Cooling 1,470W, hot-plug redundant power, 200-240 Volts only with
Hot-plug, redundant cooling fans
Chassis   Rack-mountable Chassis 4U
Country of Origin Main System Ireland
Warranty  Three Years on-site (Parts & Labor)

any comments would be really appreciated.
--
madunix