Megaraid PERC 4/E is detected first, why ?

Krishna Murthy, Elangovan ekrishna at qualcomm.com
Sun Feb 11 23:41:33 CST 2007

Hi,

We have 1950 system , in that one 5/I controller and 4 /E controller
with RAID-5 configuration,

We are facing problem in boot sequence , without connecting to the
external array we have already installed OS on to the internal disk
drives,
But we are facing problem after connecting back our external array to
the 1950 system, show kernel panic error while booting up the OS.
 Its show external RAID array as /dev/sda and internal disk drives as
/dev/sdb,

How to change the order of detection between PERC 5/I and 4/E ( external
array ).

Thanks

Elango