Reading fan speed / temp. on SC440 from Fedora Core 5 (x86_64)

Tom Chiverton tom at rachaelandtom.info
Sun Feb 11 08:04:22 CST 2007

Has anyone been able to do read fan speed or temperatures from the
command line (or SNMP) ?
FC has loaded the ACPI module, but acpitool reports:
# acpitool -e
  Kernel version : 2.6.18-1.2257.f   -    ACPI version : 20060707
  Thermal info   : <not available>
  Fan            : <not available>

ACPI stuff appears in dmesg, and acpitool does print sleep status for
VBTN, PCIN, USBN.

On higher end Dell kit, there was a deamon / kernel module you could
load, and then hook that into the SNMP deamon, but I don't see this here
(I briefly installed the diag. stuff, but didn't see anything relevent).

--

Tom C
The system is too busy for mere games.