pv660f question

Sergiy Frolov sergiy.frolov at aforesolutions.com
Fri Feb 9 13:58:03 CST 2007

Hello,

I am trying to connect PowerVault660F to PowerEdge 6400 under Linux
using QLA2200 card. Yes, I am aware about the Rutgers report, but
unfortunately it didn't work in my case. Here what I found so far.

Everything worked fine, when I connect PV660F to a separate Dimension
desktop with NT Server installed. I created a RAID partition using Array
Manager.

When I reconnect  PV660F to PE6400 using QLA2200 with firmware 1.45, I
can see its drives separately (but not the RAID partition) under Windows
2003, Solaris, Red Hat and SUSE (but not Debian which I would rather
prefer). I tries many operating systems but it didn't help.

When I upgrade QLA2200 to the latest firmware (1.83), neither 2003 nor
any Unix are not able to see it.

Where is my error? Any suggestions and/or direct links to related
software will be greatly appreciated!

Sergiy