query on harddisk bay on 2900 and remote access card

Fri Feb 9 10:03:38 CST 2007

There are spots for 10 harddrives in the hot swappable drive bays, that
is all. No internal drives.

The DRAC 5 can turn the computer on and off. I'm really not very sure
what other options are editable from the DRAC.

The DRAC card is powered by the computer's power supplies.

Hope that helps.

________________________________

From: linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com
[mailto:linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com] On Behalf Of Fung
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2007 10:50 PM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: query on harddisk bay on 2900 and remote access card

hi,

There are 10 harddisk spaces in 2900. I want to choose the option  Raid
5/1 Fault Tolerance 1x8 backplane/striping flex bay.

I want to know how many harddisks can be put in the front and how many
can be put in the case internally.

I want to purchase the Remote Access Card -Dell Remote Access Card, 5th
Generation for PowerEdge Remote Management.
I want to know how low-level could the card reach.
Could it switch on the computer when it is off?
Could it access the Bios?
Is the card stable?
Where is it installed and how does it obtain electricity?

Thanks in advanced.