Problems installing RedHat v4.0 on Dell Optiplex GX520 with sata disks ...

Hostmaster Hostmaster at computerservicecentre.com
Fri Feb 9 02:59:22 CST 2007

Pulled from: http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?t=373962

"I googled around a bit and it seems others are having the same problem with
this motherboard chipset(intel 945G). I saw one workaround that you might want
to try. Check your bios setup and see if you have a menu entry for "On-Chip SATA
Mode". If you do set it to "Combined" rather than "Auto" or "Enhanced". That has
worked for some."

Other than that, you could try compiling up a vanilla kernel for the system
(2.6.20 has just reached stable, and is far more likely to have the relevant
modules available than the RHEL 2.6.9)

Best Regards,

Richard Garner (A+, AMBCS)
Hostmaster