Verify tzdata files

BSmith at lyrix.com BSmith at lyrix.com
Thu Feb 8 12:52:53 CST 2007

Your safest bet would be to download the uncompiled timezone files and use
zic to compile and install them on your Fedora core system.   Then use
'timeconfig' to update the /etc/localtime file by re-selecting the
timezone for the system (or just relink or copy it yourself).

Adam Williams <awilliam at mdah.state.ms.us>
Sent by: linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com
02/08/2007 01:49 PM

        cc:     linux-poweredge at dell.com
        Subject:        Re: Verify tzdata files

On servers with an out of date /etc/localtime file, what can be done to
fix it?  I have a few dell servers running fedora core 4.
/etc/localtime is owned by the glibc rpm.  Do I need to upgrade glibc,
and would that break anything, or can I simply copy over /etc/localtime
from a CentOS 4.4 installation?