raid5(3disk) in other similar server

Hostmaster Hostmaster at computerservicecentre.com
Thu Feb 8 11:35:50 CST 2007

Hi Catam,
Which model PERC controller is in your 1750? Support.euro.dell.com lists both
PERC3 and PERC4 controllers in all formats (Di/DC etc) as options for the 1750.

Firstly, I would be keen to use the Original System Configuration tool at
(http://support.euro.dell.com/support/topics/topic.aspx/emea/shared/support/my_s
ystems_info/en/details?c=uk&l=en&s=gen&~tab=3) to check the service tags of both
servers to make sure that they both (at least originally) had the same PERC
controller in them. If they are different families/different models (and if the
PERC controller is offboard), then it may be easier to pull the PERC card from
the dead 1750 and put it in the live one, and bear in mind that the PERC card
will have a copy of the container details on it too).

So long as the PERC cards are the same, you need to perform a foreign container
import on the second 1750 - sorry but I cant remember this procedure off the top
of my head.

Best Regards,

Richard Garner (A+, AMBCS)
Hostmaster