dell 1950 + raid controller 5i + raid container <-> linux name mapping

Bob Flynn Bob.Flynn at s3group.com
Thu Feb 8 08:18:38 CST 2007

Hi,

The following is a query on how to map the details provided by;

MegaCli -CfgDsply  -aALL

To actual names as provided by linux.

Ie under linux, if I query

[root at dhcp-145 dev]# fdisk -l | grep LVM
/dev/sda3            1289       26532   202772430   8e  Linux LVM

I know that /dev/sda3 is a used under LVM.

I want to verify that the RAID array is in an optimal state. So if I run
MegaCli -CfgDsply  -aALL, how do I translate this to /dev/sda3 ?

Hardware background

Dell 1950 with PERC 5/i Integrated.

-Bob

The information contained in this e-mail and in any attachments is confidential and is designated solely for the attention of the intended recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient, you must not use, disclose, copy, distribute or retain this e-mail or any part thereof. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete all copies of this e-mail from your computer system(s).
Please direct any additional queries to: communications at s3group.com.
Thank You.