OpenManage questions

Pierre Larsson pierre.larsson at bbc.co.uk
Thu Feb 8 05:20:49 CST 2007

Thanks Michael,

In the end I went down the slower route of installing from my own yam repository. The OMSA loads fine on my 64bit machine. I also installed IT Assistant on a Windows 2003 Poweredge 1650, this also loads fine and is available across the network via port 2607. But for some reason it won't detect any machines on the network.

Troubleshooting:

Ping test
IP Address Used :
10.161.49.208
Result : Test Successful
Time of Execution :
Thursday, February 8, 2007 11:11:39 AM GMT

But when I try searching for devices on the network it won't find them, I've tried searching using the ip address of the above machine which has OMSA installed listening on port 1311. There are no firewalls on either machine.