RAID tools for SAS5iR

Harald_Jensas at Dell.com Harald_Jensas at Dell.com
Thu Feb 8 03:19:17 CST 2007

OpenManage is not supported on any PowerEdge SC systems. OpenManage might work on that system, but it could just as well cause you a lot of unexpected trouble. I do no recommend bypassing the install script system check by ignoring the system id.

The SAS5iR is used in the Precission 690 systems as well, and for the precission's the Dell SAS RAID Storage Manager is used to manage/monitor the RAID status. I would give that a try.

SSM_Linux_1.18-00.tar.gz

Dell SAS RAID Storage Manager (SSM) allows users to view information about managed systems, controllers, and the SSM subsystem (such as logical drives, hot-spare drives, and physical drives). The SSM agent monitors and generates events for critical or fatal problems in the SSM configuration such as failed or degraded drives, failed controllers, etc.

http://ftp.us.dell.com/sysman/SSM_Linux_1.18-00.tar.gz

For monitoring sensors etc. you can use ipmitool or ipmish.exe on the SC1435.

--
Harald Jensås