SNMP 10892 missing

Fred Skrotzki fskrotzki at
Wed Feb 7 11:54:09 CST 2007

You need the dell drivers running for snmp to have the something to talk
to and get those values from. Is the dataeng service running?

From: linux-poweredge-bounces at
[mailto:linux-poweredge-bounces at] On Behalf Of Simon Welch
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 11:47 AM
To: linux-poweredge at
Subject: SNMP 10892 missing

I have a problem where by the openmanage and server admin RPMs have been
installed from CD not on install, have run full update against Dell
repository also, the problem is that the server doesn't respond to
snmpget or snmpwalk fro the 10892 OIDs.  I checked it against one of our
other servers and noticed that the 10892.mib was missing as was the
dellserv.mib, I copied these over and have reinstalled net-snmp but
still get a problem see below.

Do I have to complie these on Linux or are they read once the mib files
are in place?

snmpwalk -v 1 localhost -On -c public .
snmpwalk -v 1 localhost -On -c public .
snmpget -v 1 localhost -On -c public .
Error in packet
Reason: (noSuchName) There is no such variable name in this MIB.
Failed object: .