SNMP 10892 missing

Simon Welch simon.welch at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 10:47:25 CST 2007

I have a problem where by the openmanage and server admin RPMs have been
installed from CD not on install, have run full update against Dell
repository also, the problem is that the server doesn't respond to snmpget
or snmpwalk fro the 10892 OIDs.  I checked it against one of our other
servers and noticed that the 10892.mib was missing as was the dellserv.mib,
I copied these over and have reinstalled net-snmp but still get a problem
see below.

Do I have to complie these on Linux or are they read once the mib files are
in place?

snmpwalk -v 1 localhost -On -c public .1.3.6.1.4.1.674
snmpwalk -v 1 localhost -On -c public .1.3.6.1.4.1.674.10892
snmpget -v 1 localhost -On -c public .1.3.6.1.4.1.674.10892
Error in packet
Reason: (noSuchName) There is no such variable name in this MIB.
Failed object: .1.3.6.1.4.1.674.10892

Regards

Simon