OpenManage questions

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Wed Feb 7 10:16:27 CST 2007

On Wed, Feb 07, 2007 at 03:48:24PM -0000, Pierre Larsson wrote:
>    John you're not on your own! I've been trying for the last couple of days
>    to setup a system to monitor my RHEL4 machines using OpenManage. I've
>    managed to install OpenManage on one server but I can't connect to it
>    using IT Assistant.
>
>    So I thought I would install OpenManage Administrator on another server
>    which has a DRAC card but only to find that the packages available on the
>    dell site are i386 and as my machine is x86_64 the dependancies don't
>    work.

This isn't a "Dell site" problem, but a reality of how OpenManage is
built.  The OMSA userspace components are all i386, none are x86_64.
You need to install the RHEL i386 libraries needed by the i386 OMSA
components to resolve those.  RHEL x86_64 has all the i386 libraries
needed.

>    Harald do you know if there are 64bit rpms kicking around? Also is this
>    the way to manage linux servers?
>
>    IT Assistant->Several servers running OpenManage Administrator

Yes.

>    I would prefer if IT assistant was sitting on a RHEL4 server which was
>    accessable from a webpage.

Noted.  IT Assistant is a Windows-only server application at present,
and there are no plans to change that.  Feel free to communicate your
preference to your Dell sales team as well. :-)

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matt Domsch