OpenManage questions

Pierre Larsson pierre.larsson at bbc.co.uk
Wed Feb 7 09:48:24 CST 2007

John you're not on your own! I've been trying for the last couple of
days to setup a system to monitor my RHEL4 machines using OpenManage.
I've managed to install OpenManage on one server but I can't connect to
it using IT Assistant.

So I thought I would install OpenManage Administrator on another server
which has a DRAC card but only to find that the packages available on
the dell site are i386 and as my machine is x86_64 the dependancies
don't work.

Harald do you know if there are 64bit rpms kicking around? Also is this
the way to manage linux servers?

IT Assistant->Several servers running OpenManage Administrator

I would prefer if IT assistant was sitting on a RHEL4 server which was
accessable from a webpage.

Pierre

http://www.bbc.co.uk/