PE 2650 and Add in RAID Controller not being detected

J. Epperson linux-poweredge at epperson.homelinux.net
Tue Feb 6 13:17:26 CST 2007

On Tue, February 6, 2007 11:33, Todd Lyons wrote:
> As a test, have you turned off the onboard scsi?  I don't necessarily
> expect different results, but am mostly interested to see if it actually
> stops seeing the onboard scsi.  If the BIOS still doesn't see that new
> card, I'd say there is sufficient basis for a tech call to Dell.

In a similar vein, if I were troubleshooting this, I'd want to see what
happened if I start the machine up with no disks connected to the LSI.
Poster indicated that he could boot from CD and see the controller with
disks attached (strange if it's not recognized at start up, but not
impossible).  I'd also want to know if it would "see" _any_ other PCI-X
card at startup, and whether it could see a regular PCI card.  If
workable, I'd be tempted to make the problem go away by buying a PERC3/DC
for $40-50 on eBay (and the disk config would be portable, I think it will
be a foreign container to a Fusion).