PE 2650 and Add in RAID Controller not being detected

BSmith at lyrix.com BSmith at lyrix.com
Mon Feb 5 15:52:59 CST 2007

As his original post states, he already tried it in each slot with no
luck.
His original post also states that he tested the card in another
(non-PE2650) machine and it worked fine.

William Warren <hescominsoon at emmanuelcomputerconsulting.com>
Sent by: linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com
02/05/2007 04:55 PM

        cc:     "Linux-PowerEdge at dell.com" <Linux-PowerEdge at dell.com>
        Subject:        Re: PE 2650 and Add in RAID Controller not being
detected

try moving it to another slot.  If that fails stick the card in another
machine.  If it fails there it's probably a bad card.

tpickard wrote:
> That was an interesting suggestion but no luck.  It did beep but no SCSI

> control menu on reboot.
>
> It should just work.  I have never had this happen before.
>
> Tim

Adaptec
>     SCSI.
>
>     Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>
>     Tim
>

>     _____________________________________
>
>     Tim Pickard
>     CrossRef
>     Systems Support Analyst and Administrator
>     40 Salem Street
>     Lynnfield, MA 01940
>     tpickard at crossref dot org
>     781 295 0072 x27

My "Foundation" verse:
Isa 54:17  No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and
every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt
condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their
righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

-- carpe ductum -- "Grab the tape"
CDTT (Certified Duct Tape Technician)

Linux user #322099