PE 2650 and Add in RAID Controller not being detected

tpickard tpickard at crossref.org
Mon Feb 5 12:01:21 CST 2007

Hello all,

I have a 2650 whose PERC3 has finally quit.  In trying to get some extra
life out of the box, I put in a simple SCSI RAID controller to manage
the disks.  The card is not being detected at boot time as a SCSI
controller and I have no opportunity to ctr-c and configure the devices.
I can boot to CD and detect the card and the drives attached.  I cannot
see the device in the BIOS to set boot order.

Details:
Card - LSI Logic LSI20320-R MPT Fusion based controller. (Kernel
supported)  64bit, PCI-X, 133MHZ.
In PCI-X slot 1 to be scanned first per docs.
System BIOS ver A21.

This is an older box with the 400Mhz FSB.  I have put it in every slot.
I have had the card work in another Machine (PCI).

Any ideas on things to try?

Note: The preferred method it to use HW RAID over SW RAID on the Adaptec
SCSI.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Tim

Tim Pickard
CrossRef
Systems Support Analyst and Administrator
40 Salem Street
Lynnfield, MA 01940
tpickard at crossref dot org
781 295 0072 x27