bonding driver

Brian A. Seklecki lavalamp at spiritual-machines.org
Mon Feb 5 10:49:00 CST 2007

I tried for a long time to get LACP/802.3ad style HA between redundant
NICs in the same system and redundant trunked managed switches working
using STP and Bridging technologies.

One layer 3 Address with HA Layer 2/1 connectivity.

I was never able to get it to work w/o the proprietary Intel/Broadcom
stuff.  Then I ran out of time.

The better solution is to forget component-level redundany make the
systems active/standby HA with automatic failover and preemption.  Use
load balancers for web servers and VCS-style HA for the DB/Appserver side.

~~BAS