LCD access on PowerEdge 1950 with Fedora 6

Jens jens-devel at gmx.de
Fri Feb 2 04:22:11 CST 2007

Hi,

I have read the email on
http://lists.us.dell.com/pipermail/linux-poweredge/2006-September/027461.html
and have a simular problem - perhaps anyone can give me a hint:

I run Fedora 6 on our PowerEdge 1950 and I would like to see the load
average on the lcd-display. Therefor I installed OMI-50-MN-LX_A01.tar.gz
and tried:
    omconfig chassis frontpanel lcdindex=1 config=custom text=Hallo
But the result is the error-message:
    Error! LCD options are not supported on this system.

Does anyone has any idea what I have to do to make this work?

Greetings
Jens Henrik

= Some more infos about the system =
uname -a
Linux pe01 2.6.18-1.2869.fc6 #1 SMP Wed Dec 20 14:51:34 EST 2006
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

omconfig about details=true:
Product name : Server Administrator Install Core (subscription)
Version      : 5.0.0
Copyright    : Copyright (C) Dell Inc. 1995-2006. All rights reserved.
Company      : Dell Inc.
Contains     : Data Engine 5.6.0
             : Remote Access Card Data Populator RAC5, 5.0.0
             : Helper package for installing correct OpenIPMI support 5.0.0
             : OpenManage Inventory Collector 2.4.0
             : Hardware Application Programming Interface 5.6.0
             : Instrumentation Service Integration Layer 3.0.0
             : Instrumentation Service 5.6.0
             : Server Administrator Framework 3.0.0 (331)