PE2950 BCM5708 Firmware problem

Harald_Jensas at Dell.com Harald_Jensas at Dell.com
Wed Dec 19 03:40:03 CST 2007

An example on how to first backup and then flash the NIC:

$ ./FRMW_LC_R172680.BIN --extract fw-bcom-nic
$ cd fw-bcom-nic
$ ./lnxfwupg

0>
0> dir
0> dumpnvram nic-fw-backup.bin
0> restorenvram new-nic-frmw.bin
0> dir
0> crc
0> q

$ reboot

The 0 in the prompt means that you are on the first BroadCom NIC the tool could find. Try to use "help" to figure out what other options you have.

PS! I can also see that there is a tool called lnxfwnx2 in the folder I extracted the FW package too, if you have no success with lnxfwupg try lnxfwnx2.

--
Harald