Raid BIOS docs, advice

Jens Dueholm Christensen Jens.Dueholm at
Fri Apr 27 03:15:13 CDT 2007

I've just done the same thing - replaced a 36gig 15k RPM disk in a PE1750 with a PERC4/Di controller in it.

I couldn't find much information in OMSA about it, but since the drive was already marked as failed I could only pull out the old drive and replace it with a new one.

Since I was running a RAID 1 (mirror) on the two disks in the 1750 the PERC 4/Di automatically started rebuilding the mirror - I only had to swap the disks.

Hope it helps a bit..

Jens Dueholm Christensen
Rambøll Management - Survey IT

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-bounces at [mailto:linux-poweredge-bounces at] On Behalf Of Marcus Bointon
Sent: Friday, April 27, 2007 12:16 AM
To: Linux-PowerEdge at
Subject: Raid BIOS docs, advice

I'm going to replace a dead HD in a PE1850 this weekend. I've not
done it before, so can anyone point me at good docs or a user guide,
or just any advice for dealing with the RAID BIOS? It has a PERC 4di
controller (which appears to be unsupported by OMSA 5.1 on Ubuntu so
omsa can't see it) and 2 15K SCSI drives arranged as RAID-1.

Marcus Bointon
Synchromedia Limited: Creators of
UK resellers of info at hand CRM solutions
marcus at |

Linux-PowerEdge mailing list
Linux-PowerEdge at
Please read the FAQ at