Raid BIOS docs, advice

Jens Dueholm Christensen Jens.Dueholm at r-m.com
Fri Apr 27 03:15:13 CDT 2007

I've just done the same thing - replaced a 36gig 15k RPM disk in a PE1750 with a PERC4/Di controller in it.

I couldn't find much information in OMSA about it, but since the drive was already marked as failed I could only pull out the old drive and replace it with a new one.

Since I was running a RAID 1 (mirror) on the two disks in the 1750 the PERC 4/Di automatically started rebuilding the mirror - I only had to swap the disks.

Hope it helps a bit..

Regards,
Jens Dueholm Christensen
Rambøll Management - Survey IT